CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Fourth of July













Mike was celebrating his first year of sobriety. I was so proud and happy for him, I had to give him a little cake to mark the occasion. Everyone applauded him. He's come so far since last year, when I was actually fearing for his life. His daughters were there, Lynzi on his left, and Aja behind him on his left.













Miles and Kayla seemed to have worked some things out, at least temporarily. I was so happy to see them holding hands and cuddling.







Here are some pictures of the fireworks display that Miles did for us. He's getting really good!


Above, Dylan is playing with a sparkler. He was having so much fun!


Above, Miles waves this one around, making a really special effect.

Here's a shot of Miles' audience. The kids thought the show was a little loud, but they still loved it!

And these last two shots show again what a great show Miles put on. We had such a good time!

Mike and Sarah were here together, and looking suspiciously like they are a couple again. They both told me that before they do anything permanent, they will have counseling, so I hope they do follow through on it. They were doing a lot of hinting, and at one point, Kayla congratulated Mike. I'm not sure if it was for his one year of sobriety or for being back with Sarah. Also there were Mick and Michele, friends of Miles & Kayla that I really like, and Dave and Sue, Michele's parents. Sarah's Aunt Terry and her husband were there, so I had some people my own age. And of course, the grandkids, Aja, Miles, and Lynzi. It was a perfect 4th of July for our family!

0 comments: