CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Grandparents Day

Grandparents Day was today, and Aja asked her great-grandma Leona and me visit her school. We had cookies and orange juice, she showed us her classroom. She also showed us her Valentine box - hers is the biggest - i think she's expecting a lot of Valentines. She even showed me her "boyfriend." She's been talking about him for weeks, but rolling her eyes and denying he was her boyfriend. But today when I asked where he was, she pointed him out to me. Sigh... Can't believe she's in Kindergarten. The principal gave a little speech and told about how we should be glad they're all excited to see us in school, because when they get to middle school, they'll be saying, "Grandma, what are you doing here?" We all laughed, but we knew it was true.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Linda you've been tagged! Head over to my blog for the details!

How fun getting to go to school with your granddaughter. Reading your post made me realize that all my grandparents are gone. Doesn't make me sad b/c I have wonderful memories of them, but its weird still.

Christie said...

Sounds like it was a good time. It's so wonderful to spend time with your grandparents. I only have one left. I wish I could have spent more time with them when I was younger, but we were military and moved all the time.

Musicmom-Amy said...

So fun!!!