CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

Beautiful Poem

Here is a poem that I would like said at my "good-bye party".

When I have come to the end of the road and the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room;
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little and not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take,
and each must go alone.
It's all part of life's plan,
a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart,
Go to the family and friends we know,
and bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.

author: unknown

I hope that at my last party, my family and friends will gather and do a "shot" on me, and share some of the silly things I've said and done. I'm egotistical enough to want a few tears, but like the poem says, "miss me, but let me go." What do you hope for your last party?

8 comments:

Denise Hallett said...

I want to be creamated, and my loved ones take my cremains to Wrigley Field, watch a game, and at the end, drop my ashes on the warning track in right center field. I'll be with the Wrigley Field ivy forever then :)

Denise Hallett said...

BTW, they have to be quick, or the grounds crew will try to stop them.....but that already know that.

Cracker Scraps said...

I also want to be creamated. I think that there are too many cemetaries filled with people who have been forgotten. I think that my scrapbooks will speak for the fact that I was here, I was human, I lived and loved my life and others. Whatever makes those I leave behind happy is fine with me. Just don't wash me down the scrub sink!

Christie said...

I would like to also be creamated. I want my girls to spread my ashes at the waterfall in Lake Tahoe and where I grew up in VA. That way I will be in my two favorite places.

Lisa said...

I really haven't thought about it much but I hope at my goodbye party that everyone has fun stories to share about their time with me and maybe a story about how knowing me made them a happier person! And if creamated the last place I want to be is at the hospital!

Anonymous said...

I want champagne and red wine flowing, lots of laughter and hopefully my grandchildren bidding me farewell....Marelle (Australia)

Musicmom-Amy said...

Like Lisa, I haven't thought about it too much. I just know I want it to be filled with my favorite music. Yep, even play a bit of Bon Jovi :O) Well, maybe not in the church ~ but people would think that was like me if I requested it.

Anonymous said...

I like the blog, Linda..don't have one current, but did one on AOL back two years ago when I was researching my genealogy. I loved doing it, and even if no one posted comments they let me know that I hadnt updated it if I got busy and was missing for a while. Keep up the good work !